igcse - 10
PERMATA BANGSA SCHOOL
IGCSE - 10
Permata Bangsa School - Global Education (PBS) is a premium, English medium instruction (EMI) school which uses Indonesian K13 and Cambridge curricula delivered through the Cambridge Pathways Framework for all levels from Early Years, Primary, Secondary and AS/A Levels.
PBS is also an authorised Cambridge International Examination Centre offering IGCSE and A Level examination opportunity.
All classrooms are equipped with computers, internet and ceiling mounted LCD projectors. Halls (Early Childhood Years, Primary, Lower and Upper, Advanced) are designed with Multi-purpose spaces that offer student opportunities for a range of different learning activities such as:
We use internet and computer technology to connect the whole school community. Licensed software (aSc) is used to manage the complex scheduling demands; (
) to manage, analyse and report on the extensive amount of data produced by personalised learning programmes.
Dynamic assessment strategies mean that all learners meet their learning potential and no learner is “left behind”.
Classroom sizes are small (no more than 12-13 students) so all learners receive the individual attention necessary to develop content learning as well as mother tongue and second language use and literacy skills.
The PBS integrated curriculum incorporates all areas of development-physical, cognitive, emotional and social of the child. It blends content areas into thematic or problem-focused units of study and uses a child centred approach to learning and instruction - unifying all the subjects to bring about comprehensive learning.
PBS creates an environment for:
Engaging the combination of subjects
Creating flexible schedules
Creating flexible learning groups
Allowing teaching and learning to go beyond the use of textbooks
We believe excellence in education should:
- Sustain the cultural identity and ethosof the school and support the spiritual journey
of all learners, their families and staff through: the creative
implementation of Indonesian Kurikulum 2013 and Cambridge
Pathway structure; effective teaching and learning strategies; continuous professional development; learner
involvement in the leadership of the spiritual life of the school; and through
effective engagement with families and community life.
- Maximise potential progress and achievement of all learners
through: provision which ensures at least good and often outstanding learning and
teaching; monitoring and feedback, leading to sustained high rates of progress;
and consistently high standards based upon effective knowledge of prior
attainment and vulnerable groups.
- Enjoy and achieve
through: ensuring a broad and creative approach to the curriculum
which builds outstanding learning behaviours and makes appropriate links
between subjects whilst maintaining progression in key subject skills
(according to K13 and Cambridge Pathway structure); using
innovative ICT to deliver and inspire learning; and effective feedback to
ensure that individual learning needs are continually developed.
- Promote community
cohesion and celebrate the
diversity of our school community, ensuring quality for all, respect
for diversity & sustaining Indonesian Values, the rights
of the child and themes of social justice and the common good.
We believe an appropriate learning environment should:
- Develop a safe and comfortable, outstanding learning environment which is conducive to effective and creative learning and teaching and which maximises the opportunities for learning indoors and outdoors.
- Promote children’s emotional and mental health well being through an effective and relevant PSHEC curriculum and school wide systems that enable them to be resilient when they encounter problems and challenges.
- Support and promote the well being of all staff and healthy lifestyles for all.
- Ensure effective communication, consultation & consistency with all groups of staff, learners and parents in order that everyone understands and is able to engage with whole school development issues and priorities.